Job Vacancy: High Intensity Therapist (Trainee)
Trainee High Intensity Therapist
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term for 1 year (extension upon funding)
Benefits: 20 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holidays)
Over the past few years Survivors Manchester has been developing its support services and are now delighted to be able to set in motion our next step in the development of our therapeutic services to become IAPT compliant. The Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme is a large-scale initiative that aims to increase significantly the availability of National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)-recommended psychological treatments for depression and anxiety disorders, including trauma, within NHS-commissioned services in England.
We are now in the position to recruit a Trainee High Intensity Therapist (HIT) to join our team.
- High Intensity Therapists are trained to deliver Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to people experiencing moderate to moderately severe symptoms of anxiety and depression, including PTSD.
- Study at postgraduate level two days per week for the PGDip in Cognitive & Behaviour Therapies (CBT) course based at Greater Manchester West CBT Training Centre.
- Three days per week in service, delivering CBT to clients in Survivors Manchester’s Counselling/Psychotherapy Service
- Supervision with BABCP accredited CBT practitioners, along with peer support and a range of wider training opportunities
- Applicants should have a core profession in mental health or social care, or meet the Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes (KSA) competences endorsed by BABCP and the national IAPT team. If you are required to submit a supporting portfolio of evidence, please submit this at the same time as your application form. Further details of the KSA and associated documents can be found here: http://www.babcp.com/Accreditation/CBP/KSA.aspx.
To learn more about this role, the IAPT programme or your eligibility to apply please refer to www.iapt.nhs.uk.
Survivors Manchester encourages applications from male therapists, those from the BME community, therapists that are multi-lingual, and those who are qualified in EMDR. Post will include working evenings and some weekends, when required.
Please submit applications with a covering letter explaining how you fit the person specification to email@example.com by 12.00pm on 14 August 2015.
Interviews will take place on 27 August (am)
To download the application form, click here
To download the person specification, click here
To download the job advert, click here