Survivors Manchester provides a variety of online, offline, 1:1 and group support direct to male survivors, along with their friends and their families.
We also provide training to police officers, counsellors/psychotherapists, and other allies health professionals; and professional support and consultancy to public authorities, health care professionals and third sector organisations.
Every single member of our small but dedicated staff team have all been affected in one way or another by the sexual abuse, rape or sexual exploitation of boys and men and are 100% committed to helping those that access our support to become empowered to break their silence, so they can move beyond those unwanted experiences and make choices for themselves based on today.
All of our team are committed to working in a non-oppressive manner and do not support any form of discrimination, whether on the grounds of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, HIV status, parental status, socio-economic class, or criminal history.
The Governance Structure
All members of the team fit into an overall governance structure, which we have detailed below to help you understand how it all works:
Meet The Staff Team
It is said that people make an organisation and here at Survivors Manchester we are no exception. Our strong, dedicated, highly experienced and qualified staff team are so supportive of the work they carry out and of each other that it truly reflects on the delivery of our services.
Click on a name and see what they have to say:
- Duncan Craig – Chief Executive Officer / Trauma Focused Therapist
- Chris Speed – Operations Lead
- Thomas Wareing – Operations Assistant
- Precinct Gálvez-Soto – Operations Assistant
- Gayna Williams – Outreach & Engagement Worker
- Trevor Roberts – Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
- Chris Whitehead-Baines – Senior Trauma Focused Therapist
- Adam Scott – Trauma Focused Therapist
- Billie Andrews – Trauma Focused Therapist
- Candy Ho – High Intensity Therapist (Trainee)
- Ian Woollams – Trauma Focused Therapist
- Jonathan Hill – Trauma Focused Therapist
- Marcia Mandleson – Trauma Focused Therapist
- Stuart Avery – Trauma Focused Therapist
- Simon Scott – Trauma Focused Therapist
We also have a great team of volunteers that support the delivery of our Safer Streets project, in association with The Men’s Room. If you are interested in volunteering, please do get in touch and whilst we might not have opportunities straight away, we will keep your details on file and let you know about any opportunities hat might come up.
As an organisation, we truly believe in finding out what we do right and wrong so if you have a compliment or complaint you would like to pass on, please do so by clicking here: Feedback, Compliments and Complaints.